As the final post on being hippie, let's talk about interior design. It is a bit trickier than playing with hippie hair and accessories. For this, you have to have a certain eye. It doesn't make a home a bohemian hippie nest if only you mix all possible colors, styles and looks together. To achieve a cool hippie look, you have to stay in the bohemian, colorful, natural, a bit ethnic side of decoration.
But what exactly does take to have the perfect bohemian nest? There are some essentials of course.
To name the most importants, here is a list:
1. Use bold colors and patterned fabrics, mainly floral and indie ones.
2. Keep evetything natural. Do not have shiny or metallic things in the interior. Don't tent to achieve perfectly polished furnitures and flawless surfaces. Your wall for example would look the best if it is a bit destroyed and vintage looking.
3. Create personal collages and collect items, furnitures from everywhere you go. By that evey piece will have a story to tell and your home will be full with happy memories and joyfull energies.
4. Let your inner child live its free life. Do have swings or floating beds, anything that gives you careless freedom.
5. Have a lot of fabrics, curtains, fringes, like the indian had when they were living in their tents. It is so romantic and have a certain nomadic touch that brings us to a free state of mind.
6. Bring nature inside. Have birdcages, bird houses or even real birds in the house, wooden decorations, fresh flowers, potted greens and a lot of sunshine. Like this, happiness is guaranteed.
P.S.: To start your hippie interior design mission, you can create a bohemian/vintage/shabby chic photo collage to the wall from old (and new, but definitely lomographic) pictures. It makes any home 'homy' and warm.
Images via: The Yellow Door Paperie; Too Cute Things; Free People; Rachel Ashwell; BHG; Bohemian Shoebox; Marie Claire Idees; Simply Precious; The Decorista; Bohemian Wornest; Boho Circus; Confetti Garden; Gretchen Jones NYC; Gypsy Purple; Pinterest; Vintage Bliss;